Congratulations on your engagement! If you are considering getting married at St Mary’s Church then there are a few things you need to know:
In the past it was necessary for either the Bride or the Bridegroom to live in the Parish or be on its Electoral Roll. Electoral Roll membership involves, amongst other things, regular worship at for a minimum of six to nine months.
In addition an engaged couple may now be married in the Parish if one or more of the following conditions applies:
1. one of them was baptized or prepared for confirmation in the Parish;
2. one of them has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
3. one of them has at any time regularly attended public worship in the Parish for six months or more;
4. one of their parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
5. one of their parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
6. their parents or grandparents were married in the Parish.
To find out whether you are able to marry at St Mary’s, please call 01604 378557 or email email@example.com